Walton Theatre Preservation Association News
The WTPA has been busy tackling the to-do list for the theatre
- 1. Recently, we completed the restoration and backlighting of the last of the stained glass windows over the front stairs. This work was completed with grants from the O’Connor Foundation and the Mee Foundation.
- 2. The new front display boxes finally allow us to list the upcoming activities at the theatre. These were built by local craftsman, Glenn Miller.
- 3. As soon as lobby painting is complete, there will be a new kiosk in the lobby for posters
- 4. Restoration should be complete shortly on ceiling plaster repair in the lobby and repainting of walls.
- 5. Restoration of water damaged walls and wall stenciling in theatre should begin shortly.
- 6. Summer should bring new stage curtains and tracking (we don’t know the age of the curtains but are reasonably certain that the valance is the original from 1914) and general repairs to the lighting and screen.
- 7. Work will start shortly on the exterior painting of the theatre. This will be a cooperative arrangement with